A developer role but not as you know it, we do not build websites or applications. The role is about guiding best practice on how to build and architect the perfect solution on modern .NET applications and CMS platforms such as Sitecore, Kentico, Sitefinity or Umbraco and how to get the most from the platform on a technical level.
Your day to day will be assisting with the design of cloud hosting solutions for .NET CMS platforms and custom applications, writing scripts to automate and test DevOps (Selenium) on top of the platform and helping resolve major incidents with our clients systems (don’t worry, no bug fixing!).
You will provide guidance and recommendations on how to address and resolve issues, if that is by installing a hotfix, a simple code fix or something more fundamental.
This a role for someone who has been doing development work for the last couple of years and is looking to grow in remit, open to learning new technologies, cloud and happy to get their hands dirty where required.
You might be from a digital agency [fed up with burning the midnight oil?] or a digital tech team client side. You may be looking to move your career on from pure development to the DevOps or Managed Services space.
Key responsibilities include:
- Problem solving and resolution to incidents caused by application or infrastructure issues for clients
- Working as part of a solution team to design cloud hosting solutions for .NET or custom applications
- Designing, architecting and implementing DevOps tools, pipelines and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Involvement in helping improve and automate our internal processes
You will most likely be working at an agency as a Developer with 1 – 3 years commercial experience, looking for a change from building all day and be ready to take on new challenges. You may have worked on applications such as Sitecore, Kentico, Umbraco, Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal, WordPress or similar in one way or another. You’re a problem solver who is always there when the team needs you. An organiser and communicator, not the person that fades into the background.
You are likely to have a Computer Science degree or similar educational qualifications and you’re familiar with some of the tools and platforms listed below:
- Core: Azure, AWS, Sitecore, Microsoft Servers, Linux Servers, SQL Databases (MySQL, MSSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB)
- Others: Jenkins, Kubernetes, Chef, Atlassian, Splunk, Nuget, Chocolatey, Cloudwatch, App Insights, Umbraco, Kentico, Sitefinity, Adobe AEM, Drupal, WordPress, Magento, CDN, SOLR, Redis (or equivalent caching application), Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM Templates etc.
Just After Midnight
We are one of the most well respected 24/7 application support teams in the industry. We are the go-to support partner for protecting digital revenue and reputation, through cloud hosting services and DevOps design and implementation.
We are entering our fourth year of operation and growing very fast, with staff and offices in London, Singapore, Australia and the US. Our clients include global and national brands such as Dyson, Vodafone, Ford, Volvo, and Everton FC, Abbott Laboratories and Queensland Urban Utilities.
We are made up of a mixed bunch of night owls, early birds, part-timers and 9-5ers. We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people to join us. Working here means being in an environment where self-motivation, discipline and flexibility are the norm.
Benefits and salary
- We have a fantastic and beautiful working environment based with companies from startups to global brands at The Commons Central co-working community space in Chippendale, Sydney
- Free breakfast on Tuesdays, beer and cider on tap every day from afternoon onwards
- Opportunities for travel and transfer between offices
- Whilst the role is office based there is also an optional WFH day and flexibility around life commitments
- There will be an element of out-of-hours on-call expected
- Competitive salary and other benefits included
- Committed to equal opportunities and pay at all levels